Environmental Sustainability at the Eventim Apollo
What We’re Doing
Eventim Apollo is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
Eventim Apollo is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues.
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion.
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals.
As of December 2021, we’ve teamed up with StackCup to reduce the amount of single use plastic at the venue. All of our drinks will now be served in reusable cups, which will reduce the number of disposable cups from the Eventim Apollo by over 500,000 per year.
When purchasing their first drink, customers will pay a £1 charitable donation for their reusable cup. For subsequent drinks, customers will be invited to return their cup to one of our bars in exchange for a fresh cup at no extra cost.
All profits from the scheme will go to our environmental charity partners.
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit to Eventim Apollo more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on petrol and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here.
- Turn off water faucets when you’re finished – let us know if you spot any leaks.
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need.